November 19, 2013
International Disaster Relief Fund
How your donation is used
The International Disaster Relief Fund is a continuing, dedicated fund that enables Humane Society International to help animals impacted by natural disasters.
The fund supports HSI's rescue and relief efforts for past, present, and future natural disasters such as earthquakes, typhoons, floods, volcanic eruptions and hurricanes.
Donations will be used to:
- Rescue and provide temporary shelter for animals in need
- Rent and outfit animal sheltering facilities and rescue vehicles, including trucks and boats
- Help reunite lost animals with their families
- Hire and train disaster response staff and volunteer responders
- Aid local shelters and other animal protection facilities in disaster-affected regions
- Maintain HSI's capacity to respond to disasters
- Educate the public about the importance of taking pets with them during evacuations
- Assist local organizations, municipalities and governments in preparing for and responding to disasters to ensure animals are included
HSI decides how to use donations to the International Disaster Relief Fund based on immediate and long-term needs in the localities affected by the disaster(s), HSI's standard plans for responding to disasters, and the level of funding available.
Your support enables us to respond at a moment's notice and reach animals before they succumb to injury, starvation or disease. Please donate now.
Thank you for your generosity and compassion.