June 17, 2015
Communications and Community Outreach
- Creating Posters and Flyers (Community Tool Box)
- Developing a Plan for Communication (Community Tool Box)
- Pets for Life (The Humane Society of the United States), a program that reaches out to people in under-served communities in the United States to extend free pet care resources, services, and information. The Pets for Life Community Outreach Toolkit provides downloadable tools for starting a similar program in your community.
- Preparing Press Releases (Community Tool Box)
- Preparing Public Service Announcements (Community Tool Box)
- Public Relations: Charting a Course (The Humane Society of the United States)
- Relaciones Publicas: Planeando un Programa
- Report on the Shelter Pet Project (DRAFTFCB, AdCouncil, Maddie's Fund and The Humane Society of the United States), this presentation describes the goals, strategy, and research behind the Shelter Pet Project, a U.S. media campaign focused on increasing the number of adoptions from shelters.
- SMART: Spay/neuter Marketing and Training (FiXit Foundation, with support from Humane Society International), a free, online course that provides the framework to target caregivers of unaltered animals with marketing that will compel them to take action and spay/neuter their pets.
HSI’s Resources for Animal Protectionists offers documents and videos regarding: Animal Care; Community Outreach; Equine Welfare; Euthanasia; Exotic Animals and Wildlife; Fundraising; Humane Animal Control and Management; Humane Education; Legislation, Law Enforcement and Cruelty Issues; Operation and Management; Sheltering, Adoption and Fostering; and Tourism.