May 30, 2003
Resource Libraries of Other Organizations
- World Animal Net, comprehensive and up-to-date directory of animal-protection organizations and a free, online Strategic Advocacy course for animal advocates.
- Global Alliance for Rabies Control, online library of downloadable educational material in many languages.
- Animal Mosaic (World Animal Protection), a community of animal protectionists and platform for downloable resources on a variety of animal welfare issues.
- CARODog and CAROCat, information related to legislative, legal, social and scientific activities for the protection of companion animals in Europe. These websites propose a systematic approach to canine and feline population management to avoid the killing of healthy animals, starting from responsible ownership as the basis of individual and community commitment to dog and cat welfare.
- Humane Society Academy, provides animal care and control professionals and others involved in the protection of animals with the skills necessary to maximize their ability to help animals.
- Animal Sheltering.org library of resources, includes Animal Sheltering magazine articles, publications, policies and guidelines, advice, and other resources to help those involved with animal sheltering and care.
- PetSmart Charities resources and webinars, free (registration required for webinars) information and webinars on a variety of animal welfare-related topics.
- Humane Alliance E-Learning, a series of worksheets and videos on financial, administrative and medical procedures for clinics
- ASPCA Professional resource library, provides tools and resources for U.S. animal welfare professionals and volunteers at public and private agencies and rescue groups, as well as veterinarians, humane law enforcement and emergency responders.
- Maddie's Fund resource library, online videos of veterinary and animal welfare experts in the U.S. presenting the latest information on best practices in shelter health, behavior and management.
- FAO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Faunalytics (formerly Humane Research Council), library of research about animal issues and animal advocacy.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, wide variety of information and data on public health and safety. One Health video (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). The One Health concept recognizes that the health of people is connected to the health of animals and the environment. This video provides a brief introduction to One Health and why it is important for public health professionals, veterinarians, ecologists, and environmental health professionals to work together.
- OIE, World Organization for Animal Health