May 30, 2003
Resource Libraries of Other Organizations
- World Animal Net, comprehensive and up-to-date directory of animal-protection organizations and a free, online Strategic Advocacy course for animal advocates.
- Humane Society Academy, provides animal care and control professionals and others involved in the protection of animals with the skills necessary to maximize their ability to help animals.
- Animal Sheltering.org library of resources, includes Animal Sheltering magazine articles, publications, policies and guidelines, advice, and other resources to help those involved with animal sheltering and care.
- PetSmart Charities resources and webinars, free (registration required for webinars) information and webinars on a variety of animal welfare-related topics.
- ASPCA Professional resource library, provides tools and resources for U.S. animal welfare professionals and volunteers at public and private agencies and rescue groups, as well as veterinarians, humane law enforcement and emergency responders.
- Maddie's Fund resource library, online videos of veterinary and animal welfare experts in the U.S. presenting the latest information on best practices in shelter health, behavior and management.
- Potcakes: Dog Ownership in New Providence, The Bahamas, a systematic study of dog ownership in a Caribbean society (for purchase).
- FAO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- One Health video (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). The One Health concept recognizes that the health of people is connected to the health of animals and the environment. This video provides a brief introduction to One Health and why it is important for public health professionals, veterinarians, ecologists, and environmental health professionals to work together.
- OIE, World Organization for Animal Health
- World Rabies Day, online library of downloadable educational material in many languages.