May 30, 2003
Resource Libraries of Other Organizations
- World Animal Net International Directory—A comprehensive and up-to-date directory of animal-protection organizations. The World Animal Net Directory lists 10,000 contacts in 130 countries.
- Humane Society Academy—Through training and education, Humane Society Academy provides animal care and control professionals and others involved in the protection of animals with the skills necessary to maximize their ability to help animals. HSA offers continuing education courses and webinars.
- Animal Sheltering magazine
- PetSmart Charities resources and webinars—free (registration required for webinars) information and webinars on a variety of animal welfare-related topics.
- Maddie's Fund resource library—online videos of veterinary and animal welfare experts in the U.S. presenting the latest information on best practices in shelter health, behavior and management.
- Jelly Jam—a humane and environmental education resource, available in English, Russian, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Azeri, and Chinese.
- Potcakes: Dog Ownership in New Providence, The Bahamas—a systematic study of dog ownership in a Caribbean society (for purchase).
- FAO—Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- One Health video. The One Health concept recognizes that the health of people is connected to the health of animals and the environment. This video provides a brief introduction to One Health and why it is important for public health professionals, veterinarians, ecologists, and environmental health professionals to work together. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- OIE—World Organization for Animal Health
- World Rabies Day—online library of downloadable rabies educational material in many languages.