May 30, 2003
Communications and Humane Education
- Creating Posters and Flyers (Community Tool Box)
- Developing a Plan for Communication (Community Tool Box)
- Preparing Press Releases (Community Tool Box)
- Preparing Public Service Announcements (Community Tool Box)
Animal Welfare and Tourism
- The Economic Impact of Stray Cats and Dogs at Tourist Destinations on the Tourist Industry (Cats and Dogs International and Humane Research Council)
- Global Welfare Guidance for Animals in Tourism (The Association of British Travel Agents)
- Animal Mistreatment Deters Brits from Holiday Spots (Society for the Protection of Animals Abroad)
Protecting Our Tomorrows: A Teacher’s Role in Promoting Child Safety and Animal Welfare, a teacher-training program.
The following manuals can be used as part of a humane education program to provide training to schoolteachers.
- Facilitator’s manual for teacher training: Protecting Our Tomorrows: A Teacher’s Role in Promoting Child Safety and Animal Welfare (with notes to guide the training session).
- Teacher/participant’s manual: Protecting Our Tomorrows: A Teacher’s Role in Promoting Child Safety and Animal Welfare.
- Sample lesson plans for teachers for Protecting Our Tomorrows: A Teacher’s Role in Promoting Child Safety and Animal Welfare:
- Play it Safe with Dogs/Fuera de peligro en compañía de perros, a Spanish-English coloring book. Inside pages Front cover
- Pet Ownership flyer (AVMA) black & white, color
- Tener una Mascota, Spanish version, black & white, color
- Pet Ownership brochure,
- Tener una Mascota, Spanish version
- Doggy Speak (World Animal Protection) a colorful booklet to help children learn about dog behavior and to minimize the risk of dog bites.
- The Unlikely Burden and Other Stories (World Animal Protection and Sasa Sema Publications) children’s book of short stories aimed to transform perceptions of animals in Africa.
- Caring for your dog factsheet (World Animal Protection)
- Cuidados Para Tu Perro, Spanish version
- Prendre soin de son chien, French version
- Kutyájának gondozása, Hungarian version
- Sayangi Anjing Anda, Malay version
- Arabic version
- Greek version
- Romanian version
- Russian version
- IFAW Animal Action Education (International Fund for Wildlife) includes teacher and student resources on companion animals and wildlife, including:
- "Cats, Dogs and Us" video in English, Spanish, French, German, and Dutch, on Vimeo, YouTube.
- Dogs and Cats, activity book for children
- Perros y Gatos, Spanish-language dog and cat welfare book for children
- ¿Cómo ser un dueño responsable? (gato) poster
- ¿Cómo ser un dueño responsable? (perro) poster
- Pet health care and safety infographics to share online (DVM Multimedia)
Humane Education and Community Outreach
Other educational materials:
Educational/outreach materials offered by other organizations: