March 26, 2009
Animal Testing: Scientific Publications
A list of articles driven or co-authored by Humane Society International (HSI)/Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) subject experts are listed below.
- The uncertain future of research chimpanzees
- LD50 Testing of Botulinum Toxin for Use as a Cosmetic
- Report of an ISRTP workshop: progress and barriers to incorporating alternative toxicological methods in the U.S.
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2006;46:18-22.
- Report of the Working Group on Animal Distress in the Laboratory
Lab Anim (NY). 2006;35:26-30.
- Carbon dioxide for euthanasia: concerns regarding pain and distress, with special reference to mice and rats
Lab Anim. 2005;39:137-61.
- Technical Report on Pain and Distress [PDF]
- Animal pain and distress in vaccine testing in the United States
Dev Biol (Basel). 2002;111:213-6.
- Possibilities for refinement and reduction: future improvements within regulatory testing
ILAR J. 2002;43(Suppl):S74-9.
- Knowledge about animal suffering is too rarely used
- Pain and distress in research animals: A panel of experts debates the issues
Lab Anim (NY). 2002;31:34-42
- Pain and distress associated with polyclonal antibody production [PDF]
- Unrelieved pain and distress in animals: An analysis of USDA data on experimental procedures
- The three Rs: The way forward: The report and recommendations of ECVAM Workshop 11