July 5, 2016
Beetroot Chocolate Cake
100mls of sesame seed oil
175g boiled beetroot peeled and grated
175g coconut sugar sugar
200g buckwheat flour
2 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
50g raw cocoa powder
200g coconut yogurt
2 vanilla pods seeds scraped out
1. Heat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan.
2. Grease and line a deep 20cm springform cake tin with baking parchment.
3. Whizz all ingredients in a food processor.
4. Scrape into the cake tin.
5. Bake for approx 45-55 mins until just cooked and a skewer comes out clean.
6. Serve with coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries (optional).