July 5, 2016
Lemon Posset with Shortbread Fingers
For the shortbread:
100g white flour
60g dairy free margarine
25g golden caster sugar
For the posset:
500ml soya cream
100g golden caster sugar
2 tsp corn flour
The zest and juice of 2 lemons
1. Start by making the shortbread, turn the oven on to 180ºC, tip all of the ingredients in to a bowl and turn in to breadcrumbs with your fingertips.
2. Bring the crumbs together to form a dough, then tip on to a floured surface and roll out, then cut in to fingers.
3. Transfer the fingers on to a greaseproof lined baking tray and pop in to the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, take them out and leave to cool.
4. Then make the posset by tipping the soya cream, sugar and corn-flour in to a saucepan and turn on to a low heat, stirring until the sugar has melted.
5. Slowly bring to the boil and once it's started boiling, leave it to cook for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and zest and whisk for a couple of minutes until thickened.
6. Pour in to glass ramekins and leave to cool until at room temperature, then pop in to the fridge for 3 hours before dipping your shortbread in and devouring.