July 5, 2016
Perfect Kale Salad
180g bag of fresh kale
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1 large avocado
2 sweet potatoes
For maple-roasted walnut:
1/2 cup walnuts
1 heaped tablespoon maple syrup
1 heaped tablespoon olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice 1/2 a lemon
Juice 1/2 large orange
1/2 tbsp of tamari (add to taste)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Start by peeling the sweet potato and chopping them into small, bite-sized cubes, line on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil a tsp of cinnamon and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile wash the kale, and remove any hard stems.
3. Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the kale, and massage for approx 3 minutes, until the kale softens/wilts.
4. Add the walnuts to a bowl wih the pure maple syrup and olive oil, mix well and add to the tray with the sweet potato wedges for 2-3 minutes before removing.
5. Slice your avocado into cubes and add to the salad with the pomegranate seeds and the roasted sweet potato wedges. Toss well, and plate, sprinkling with toasted walnuts.