July 5, 2016
Turkish Tofu and Spinach Borek
6 sheets filo pastry, cut in half and left out of the fridge for ten minutes
100g fresh spinach
For the tofu layer:
400g tofu, drained and crumbled
20g fresh mint, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
50g dairy-free margarine, melted
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Mix the tofu layer ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Grease a large oven-proof dish with a thin coating of the melted dairy-free margarine. Add the first sheet of filo pastry, followed by a coat of margarine. Repeat with three more filo sheets.
4. Cover the filo pastry evenly with half of the spinach, followed by half of the tofu mix.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add the next layer. Add a final layer of filo sheets, being sure to coat the top layer with plenty of the melted dairy-free margarine.
5. Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden brown.