April 8, 2015
Thai Curried Vegetables
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 cup (225ml) lite coconut milk (or regular coconut milk with water added)
1/2 cup (115ml) water, plus more as needed
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1 asparagus bunch, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
8 ounces (225g) baby spinach
1 bok choy bunch, cut thinly on the bias
1 napa cabbage head, shredded
2 cups (450g) mung bean sprouts
Sea salt to taste
1/4 cup (small bunch) chopped cilantro (coriander)
4-6 cups (900g - 1350g) cooked brown rice
1. Whisk together the curry paste, coconut milk and water in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeño in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add water 1-2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking.
3. Add the asparagus and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut-curry sauce to this mixture and gently cook for 12 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the spinach, bok choy, cabbage, and sprouts. Cook only until wilted.
6. Lightly season with sea salt and remove from heat. Stir in the cilantro. Serve over a bed of brown rice.