March 19, 2015
Creamy Broccoli and Red Pepper Macaroni
2 cups (450g) macaroni noodles
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
1 cup (225g) broccoli florets
1-2 tablespoons water
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup (170ml) water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 cup (225g) cashews, soaked overnight
1 clove garlic
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
2-3 drops liquid smoke
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Blend together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
3. While noodles cook, place 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a skillet heated to medium and add diced red bell pepper. Stir often for 7 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and water to skillet, stir, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Return to the noodles. If they’ve finished cooking, drain and rinse and return them to the pot. Mix together noodles, veggies, and sauce over medium heat. Season with fresh-cracked pepper and more salt to taste, if necessary.