December 30, 2015
Rainbow Salad with Lemony Avocado Dressing
1/2 small red cabbage
3-4 kale leaves, stems removed
1 cup (225g) shelled frozen edamame (soy beans)
3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
1 small avocado, pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (coriander)
1/4 (60ml) cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Shred or grate the cabbage, kale and cucumber, either by hand or using a food processor fitted with a grating blade.
2. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook the edamame in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain and rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process.
3. Combine all the shredded vegetables in a large bowl along with the edamame and 2 tablespoons hemp seeds.
4. For the dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until silky smooth.
5. Add the lemony avocado dressing to the vegetables and toss well. Store any leftover dressing in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days. 6. Garnish with the last tablespoon of hemp seeds. Serve at room temperature.