June 11, 2015
Salad Niçoise with Creamy Mustard Dressing
1 cup (225g) cashews, soaked
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup (60ml) + 1 tablespoon water
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Optional but recommended:
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
A few handfuls, mixed greens
2 red-skinned potatoes, boiled or roasted and halved
1/2 bunch slender asparagus, steamed or roasted
1/4 cup (60g) cooked chickpeas
3 artichoke hearts, quartered
1 handful (about 12) kalamata olives
1 handful (about 10) cherry tomatoes, halved
A few slices of red onion
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1. Place cashews, lemon, olive oil, water, garlic, coarse and dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Pour dressing into a bowl and stir in the chopped parsley and basil.
3. Season both the potatoes and asparagus with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Make a bed of mixed greens and top with potatoes and asparagus, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, olives, tomatoes and red onion.
5. Drizzle on creamy mustard dressing and enjoy!