August 7, 2014
Carefree Veggie Chop
With lemon-mustard dressing
1 Romaine heart plus 2 leaves kale, chopped into small pieces
1 cup (225g) pea sprouts and/or bean sprouts
2 celery stalks, sliced crosswise into small pieces
2 small radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup (60g) shredded carrots
1/2 cup (115g) garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Dash or two of sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 clove garlic, minced
Shake the salad dressing ingredients vigorously in a jar.
Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Just before eating, add the salad dressing and toss the salad until it is thoroughly coated.
- Make sure to use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Feel free to add or take away ingredients to emphasize your favorite vegetables.
- You can double or triple this recipe to make salads for the week.
- The salad dressing will keep in your refrigerator for up to nine days.
- Find nutritional yeast in most organic grocery stores (often in bulk bins).
(Recipe courtesy of Heather Lounsbury, author of Fix Your Mood With Food.)
All figures are per serving (assumes 4 servings).
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 20 g
Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 6 g
Sodium: 264 mg