May 13, 2016
Curried Lentil-Walnut Sliders
For the sliders:
1 cup (225g) cooked lentils (brown, French, or puy)
1 cup (225g) walnuts
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 tablespoon liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tablespoons mango chutney, plus extra for garnish, optional
8 mini slider buns
For the salsa:
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup (115g) edamame beans
1/2 cup (115g) diced, seeded cucumber
Squeeze of lime juice
Pinch of chili flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the lentils and walnuts in a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture. Remove to a bowl and hand-mix in the curry powder, liquid aminos and mango chutney, if using.
3. Form the mixture into eight equal patties and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the patties after about 12 minutes, until they are lightly browned on both sides.
4. For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse just a few times to chop finely.
5. Serve the sliders on buns with salsa, chutney and any other toppings you desire.