November 8, 2012
World Compassion Day 2012
An event featuring His Holiness the Dalai Lama
What: World Compassion Day 2012
Featuring: His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Where: The Grand Hyatt, Mumbai, India
When: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Agenda: Enjoy a dialogue with His Holiness the Dalai Lama as he speaks on Ahimsa and Compassion and the relationship between human and animal welfare
For information on event registration, or to become a patron of the event, please contact: Amanda Mayhew, email@example.com
What is World Compassion Day?
World Compassion Day is a one-of-a-kind occasion that marks the coming together of ideologies, values and principles based on Ahimsa and compassion, with special focus on the linkage between human and animal welfare. With this very special event, we hope to spark practical and pragmatic actions to further the global values of universal responsibility, oneness and humanity towards all living things.
2012 marks the birth of World Compassion Day in India, a nation remembered for its nonviolent resistance and struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi. Home to over 1.2 billion multi-ethnic people as well as a diversity of wildlife in various protected habitats, India establishes itself as an apt choice to hold this event. India’s commercial capital, Mumbai will host the event on November 28, 2012.
A dialogue on Ahimsa and compassion delivered by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama will be the focal point of this event. The dialogue will additionally focus on the relationship between human and animal welfare.
"Today more than ever before life must be characterized by a sense of Universal Responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life." — His Holiness The Dalai Lama
- The event will launch Humane Society International (HSI) in India
- The event will highlight and bring into focus global animal welfare concerns and explore solutions
- The event will add momentum to HSI’s existing mission to ensure animal welfare
- The event will promote compassion, non-violence and global responsibility for all living things
- The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is one of the world’s largest and most influential animal welfare organisations, backed by 11 million constituents.
- Humane Society International (HSI) is the international arm of HSUS that works worldwide including in India, Nepal, Bhutan. HSI’s programs have an impact on both human and animal welfare.
- Foundation for Non-Violent Alternatives (FNVA) is an institute for developing peace studies focusing on the rise of India and China.
- National Media Foundation is a charity founded by Pritish Nandy
- Project PNC is the special projects division of Pritish Nandy Communications Ltd