August 28, 2012
Stand Up for Animals 2012
Humane Society International/UK is proud to present Stand Up For Animals, a night of fantastic live comedy at London’s Bloomsbury Theatre by some of the UK’s best-loved comedians, all in aid of HSI’s vital work to protect animals from cruelty and suffering.
We’ve got a great line-up so far, with more to be confirmed soon,* so watch this space for the latest news and interviews.
The current Stand Up For Animals line-up includes:
- Holly Walsh (“An excellent comic, with a flair for lateral-thinking gags and an offbeat stage presence that makes her like a slightly nerdy, very friendly and intensely funny older sister.” The Guardian)
- Lucy Porter (“...such an accomplished and flirtatious performer, with such faultlessly fast and articulate delivery... [She] possesses one of the quickest brains on the circuit when it comes to hecklers.” The Guardian)
- Andrew O’Neill (“Brilliant, genuinely unexpected lines ... at this rate, it won’t be long before he’s huge.” Chortle)
- Hal Cruttenden (“Without doubt, one of the funniest comics on the circuit—a very clever man indeed.” TimeOut)
- Sean Hughes (“A hugely impressive and intelligent comic... sometimes dark and always very entertaining.” Time Out)
- Alistair Barrie, MC (“Barrie’s analytical nous and store of snappy gags marks him out... Excellent.” The Independent)
- David Elms ("Very, very funny... A joy to watch." Informed Edinburgh)
- Aisling Bea WINNER, 2012 "So You Think You're Funny" Award, Edinburgh Fringe. ("A fizzing, funny and brilliantly confident comedian... Bea was a deserved winner of this year's award." Huffington Post UK)
Stand Up For Animals will raise vital funds for some of HSI’s key campaigns such as protecting British wildlife and ending animal suffering from bullfighting, shark finning, the fur trade, factory farming, animal testing and more. Watch a video about our work
Date: 12 September 2012
Time: Doors open at 7pm
Venue: Bloomsbury Theatre, 15 Gordon Street, London WC1H0AH. See a map
Mark Jones, executive director of HSI/UK, said: ''Stand Up For Animals will be a great night of laughter and entertainment that will help protect endangered or abused animals at the same time. We’re delighted to be hosting fantastic comedians at such a well-established comedy venue—our grateful thanks to everyone involved.”
Contact Sara Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
*Final line-up subject to change