- Communications to Promote Interest and Participation, Chapters 6 and 7 (Community Tool Box)
- Strategic Advocacy Course, Module 6: Media and Communications (World Animal Net)
- Humane Community Development (HCD) eLearning Course and Toolkit, a participatory approach designed to help communities and partners work together to overcome the most common obstacles to humane dog management. (International Fund for Animal Welfare)
- Sharing the Load, A guide to improving the welfare of working animals through collective action. In English, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish and French. (Brooke)
- There are a number of resources, including case studies and articles, regarding community engagement and human behavior change on the website of Human Behaviour Change for Animals.