Trophy hunters prefer to kill the largest and rarest wild animals for the purpose of showing off the “prize” in their home, for example on a wall or the floor of their living room.
HSI works to educate the public about the facts and fiction of this gruesome hobby and the lack of its contribution to conservation, secure laws and policies to regulate or prohibit such killing, and to encourage wiser alternatives such as ecotourism.
Here are some ways you can help end this cruel practice:
- Sign the pledge to end trophy hunting.
- Tell tourism operators to stop exploiting captive lions.
- Sign up to receive action alerts and other vital information on wildlife and animal protection from Humane Society International.
- Support our efforts to protect endangered wildlife throughout the world.
Spread the word
- Educate your family, friends, and coworkers, letting them know about the inherent cruelty of trophy hunts.
- Email our video to your friends or link to it from your website.
- Tweet (or retweet) about our campaign on Twitter. Follow HSI on Twitter.
- Join us on Facebook and post information about wildlife and trophy hunting for your friends to see!
- Read all the latest news about our work on this issue.