June 14, 2012
Take Action to Save Whales
Whales are facing dire consequences from the actions of Japan and other pro-whaling nations, but you can help! Join our Save Whales—Not Whaling campaign by taking action today to help save whales!
The goal of our campaign is to educate the public and politicians about the threat that commercial whaling poses to whale species, the use of trade sanctions to force nations to cease their commercial and so-called scientific whaling activities, and the necessity of creating whale sanctuaries that provide safe havens for whales to breed, feed, and calve away from human predators.
- Support our efforts to protect whales and other wildlife
- Ask Yahoo! to use its influence on Yahoo! Japan to end the sale of whale meat
- Tell officials to ban commercial hunting and the transit of whale products
Spread the word
- Email our video to your friends or link to it from your website
- Tweet (or retweet) about our campaign on Twitter. Follow HSI on Twitter
- Join us on Facebook and post information about whales and whaling for your friends to see!
- Read about whaling and the International Whaling Commission, including an overview of the IWC, a timeline of past IWC meetings and the latest news
- Read reports: Who's Eating all the Fish? and A Time to Refocus (on the future of the IWC) [PDF]
- Press release: Scientists Find Whales Innocent of Global Decline in Fisheries
- Why whaling is inhumane [PDF]
- More resources