Farm animal protection is an unexplored sector, and is seldom seen as a long-term career option. The insufficient interest and support from premier public and private institutions has created a vast talent pool gap. What is often overlooked is that the maximum suffering of and impact on animals and people is centred around farm animal issues. While it lies at the intersection of environment protection, climate change mitigation, nutrition, food and water security, public health, livelihoods and labour welfare, it continues to work in silos.
The primary objective of the Farm Animal Protection Leadership Programme is to serve as a framework to strengthen the Indian farm animal protection movement and bring together its allies for a sustainable future.
Vision: Our vision is to create united, talented and skilled leaders who will transform India in its endeavour to create a compassionate and sustainable future.
Mission: Our mission is to enable farm animal protection through values-aligned leadership in the sector.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn from the foremost global leadership and farm animal protection experts
- Network with the brightest peers in the farm animal movement
- Build coalitions with allied movements
- Explore purpose-driven high-impact career opportunities
Who should apply
We are seeking participants who are passionate, visionary individuals with a clear desire to transform the lives of farm animals, people and our planet. We are looking for leaders who will bring integrity, values and a collaborative spirit into advocacy for farm animals.
We invite those who wish to develop the skills to design, run and measure impactful programmes for farm animals, who will bring new ideas to pressing challenges we face, and who have strong growth potential and the propensity for creating a vibrant movement for farm animals.
Professionals, part-time and full-time employees, consultants, interns and volunteers from the following fields may apply for the programme:
- Animal protection
- Environment protection and climate change mitigation
- Labour welfare
- Food and nutrition security, and public health
Deadlines and how to apply
- Opening of applications: 1 February 2021
- Closing of applications: 21 February 2021
- Announcement of final list of (30) selected participants: 20 March 2021
- Commencement of programme: 9 April 2021
- Duration of programme: 6 months + internship/project
- Fee: The cost of the programme, if invited to participate, is INR 20000, payable at https://supporthsi.in/
Read bios of our many expert speakers.