September 5, 2012
What You Can Do to Protect Badgers
Update, 29 November 2013: The pilot badger culls took place in Somerset and Gloucestershire in autumn this year.
We need to continue to work hard to ensure plans to roll-out the culling of badgers to other areas of England do not go-ahead.
Live in the UK? Urgent:
Take Action Today!
Ask your MP to sign EDM 299
This Early Day Motion calls for MPs to be granted a parliamentary debate and vote before the cull can be extended to other areas of England. Contact your MP today (UK citizens only, please).
A number of petitions have been created calling on councils, in both Bovine Tuberculosis High Risk Areas and other parts of England, to prohibit the culling of badgers and promote vaccination.
If your county or town is not listed, keep checking back – we’ll add details of petitions as soon as we receive them.
Please only sign if you live, work or study in the named council and/or district area.
- Avon, Bristol: City Council
West Berkshire Council
- Birmingham: City Council
Wycombe District Council
- Cheshire West and Chester: Council
- Cornwall: Council
- County Durham/North Yorkshire:
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Coventry: City Council
Allerdale District Council
- Devon: County Council
- East Sussex:
Wealden District Council
Braintree District Council
Castlepoint Borough Council
Epping Forest District Council
Tendring District Council
Rochford District Council
- Herefordshire: County Council
- Hertfordshire: County Council
- Isle of Wight: Council
Dover District Council
- Lancashire: County Council
- Lincolnshire: County Council
Hillingdon Borough Council
Cherwell District Council
South Oxfordshire District Council
Vale of White Horse District Council
Telford & Wrekin Council
- Surrey: County Council
Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
Warwick District Council
- West Midlands:
Sandwell Borough Council
- West Sussex:
Arun District Council
Adur District Council
- West Yorkshire:
Leeds City Council
- Wiltshire: Council
- Somerset: Although a pilot cull took place in Somerset in autumn 2013, residents have begun petitions asking councils to support a badger vaccination project
Sedgemoor District Council
- Wales: The Welsh Assembly government is undertaking a badger vaccination programme. However, concerned that the current policy may be under threat, several petitions have been set-up asking that councils to commit to prohibiting culling and investing in vaccination programmes.
Ceredigion County Council
Swansea City and County
Watch our campaign videos
Find out more
- Visit our campaign update page for the latest news
- Read more about our campaign work against the cull
- Badger Culling—Scientific Fact or Science Fiction? Read what scientists and other specialists have to say about the badger cull
- Visit the Team Badger website
View and share
- View and share our badger cull infographic
- Print our badger cull infographic
- View and share our badger animations: Help Us Stop the Badger Cull and Help Us Protect Badgers