September 5, 2012
What You Can Do to Protect Badgers
Live in the UK? -- Take Action Today!
Support Badger Patrols in Glos & Somerset
Please show your support for the dedication of the Wounded Badger Patrols in Gloucestershire and Somerset.
With culling set to get underway once again in both counties this autumn, these hardworking volunteers need lots of help and support now so they can to continue the great work they did conducting peaceful patrols looking for wounded badgers last autumn.
They're looking for volunteers to contact them now, before the culling begins. Could you spare a few evenings to walk footpaths? Help out with administration & office work? Make a donation? Please contact them direct:
Our director joined a number of Gloucestershire patrols last autumn and you can read more about them on the GABS website.
Watch our campaign videos
Find out more
- Visit our campaign update page for the latest news
- Read more about our campaign work against the cull
- Badger Culling—Scientific Fact or Science Fiction? Read what scientists and other specialists have to say about the badger cull
- Visit the Team Badger website
View and share
- View and share our badger cull infographic
- Print our badger cull infographic
- View and share our badger animations: Help Us Stop the Badger Cull and Help Us Protect Badgers
Spread the word
A number of petitions have been created calling on councils, in both Bovine Tuberculosis High Risk Areas and other parts of England, to prohibit the culling of badgers and promote vaccination.
If your county or town is not listed, keep checking back – we’ll add details of petitions as soon as we receive them. Last updated 28 August.
Please only sign if you live, work or study in the named council and/or district area.
Bristol City Council
- Cornwall: Council
Allerdale District Council
- East Sussex:
Eastbourne Borough Council
Maldon District Council
Tendring District Council
- Greater Manchester:
- Isle of Wight: Council
Medway Borough Council
- Leicestershire: County Council
Melton Borough Council
Liverpool City Council
- Northumberland: County Council
- North Yorkshire:
Hambleton District Council
Harrogate Borough Council
Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
- Suffolk: County Council
- West Yorkshire:
Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council
Leeds City Council
- Wiltshire: Council
- Although a pilot cull took place in Gloucestershire & Somerset in autumn 2013, residents have begun petitions asking councils to support a badger vaccination project:
Cotswold District Council
Forest of Dean District Council
Mendip District Council
North Somerset District Council
South Somerset District Council
Taunton Deane Borough Council
West Somerset Council